Lotteries and gambling are subject to the lottery and gambling tax.Taxpayers are legal persons organising lotteries in accordance with the Law on Lotteries and organising gambling in accordance with the Law on Gambling.
Tax base and tariff rates:
- a 5% rate is imposed on the nominal value of lottery tickets distributed while organising a lottery;
- a 15% rate is imposed on the amount of receipts from bingo, Totalizator and bets — less the amount of winnings actually paid;
- a fixed tax rate is imposed on gambling machines and table gambling:
- for a gambling machine Category A — EUR 232 per month;
- for a gambling machine Category B — EUR 87 per month;
- for a roulette, card or dice table — EUR 1738 per month.
Tax Period and Tax Payment
A quarter of a calendar year is the tax period for lottery and gambling tax. The tax is to be calculated and paid at the end of the tax period by the 15th day of the first month of the subsequent tax period.
The Republic of Lithuania Law on Gambling was adopted on 17 May 2001 and came into effect on 1 July 2001. On 1 July 2004, a new version of the law came into effect: Law on Lottery and Gambling Tax. A comment on the law has been published on the web site of the State Tax Inspectorate.
The Tax Information Centre of State Tax Inspectorate under the Government of the Republic of Lithuania provides general information and consultations on issues of taxes administered by the State Tax Inspectorate within the scope of the Law on Tax Administration by telephone 1882 (telephone number for calls from abroad — +370 5 2553190).