New Ukrainian bill on gambling which passed first reading today specifies the prices for licences. The prices for the license are based on the prices of 1 minimal salary in Ukraine, which is 4723 UAH in 2020 (equivalent of 195.92USD)
Casinos are allowed in 5-star hotels only. The operator must obtain a license for 5 years:
· A license for a casino in Kyiv in a 5-star hotel with more than 200 rooms costs 60k minimal salaries – 11,755,342 USD
· A license for a casino in Kyiv in a 5-star hotel with 150-200 rooms costs 120k minimal salaries 23,510,684 USD
· A license for a casino in other cities of Ukraine in a 5-star hotel with more than 200 rooms costs 30k minimal salaries 5,877,671 USD
· A license for a casino in other cities of Ukraine in a 5-star hotel with 150-200 rooms costs 60k minimal salaries 11,755,342 USD
· Yearly license for a roulette costs 350 minimal salaries 68,572USD
· Yearly license for a gambling table costs 175 minimal salaries – 34,286USD
· Yearly license for a slot machine costs 12 minimal salaries – 2,351.07USD
Slot machine halls are allowed in 3-4-5-star hotels only. The operator must obtain a license for 5 years, which allows operating 25 slot machines. The price for the license consists of two parts.
· The first part is a general license for slot machine operator which costs 750 minimal wages – 146,941 USD.
· The second part is the payment for the right to obtain the license, which is determined by online auction starting at 1 minimal salary cost – 4723UAH or 195.92 USD.
· Yearly payment for each slot machine is 1175 USD.
Online casinos must obtain a license for 5 years which costs 2,449,029 USD per year.
Bookmakers are granted with a 5 year license and pay for every betting point.
· 1 bookmaker license for 5 years costs 120k minimal salaries – 23,510,684USD
· Yearly license payment for each betting shop is equivalent of 80 minimal salaries – 15,673.79USD.