Current gambling regulations
Zákon o hazardních hrách – Zákon č. 186/2016 Sb. (The Gambling Act).
- Allowing companies from other EU and EEA countries to operate games in Czech Republic.
- The possibility to operate games over the Internet.
- The introduction of self-exclusion measures – the option to define the maximum bet and maximum loss over a certain period of time, as well as the maximum time spent playing games.
- The introduction of a register of players excluded from gambling – the exclusion of people receiving social assistance benefits and insolvent people.
- The increase of the tax rates to 35 % on technical games and 23 % on other games.
- The measures implemented to fight illegal online game providers – blocking of websites and payments.
- The ban on progressive jackpots in slots.
- The ban on games with live dealers.
- The new Gambling Act limits the maximum win per game round.